RayCore® Series 1000 is the world's first real-time ray-tracing-enabled GPU IP that is applicable to a variety of devices including smartphones, tablets, handheld gaming devices and smart TVs. This state-of-the-art GPU IP provides cinema-quality 3D graphics in mobile devices by fully supporting fundamental ray tracing functions such as reflection, refraction, transmission, shadow and global lighting.
RayCore® is designed with patented MIMD* architecture which enables more efficient execution of parallel tasks, making it possible to implement dynamic 3D user interface / user experience, interactive 3D games, augmented reality and other 3D applications which are hard to implement using rasterization GPU.
Among many advantages of RayCore®, its high degree of scalability and simple integration configuration enable it to enhance graphics performance linearly with increasing number of RayCore®.
Its relative cost-efficiency, namely smaller number of transistors required to produce similar graphics processing capability, is another compelling factor which surpasses competing rasterization GPU. This ensures much smaller silicon area with significantly reduced power consumption.
* MIMD (Multiple Instruction, Multiple Data) is a technique employed to achieve parallelism. Machines
using MIMD have a number of processors that function asynchronously and independently - at any time,
different processors may be executing different instructions on different pieces of data. In order to
implement ray tracing which results in reflected, refracted and transmitted rays, it is generally accepted
that MIMD is more efficient and effective than SIMD (Single Instruction, Multiple Data) approach.
RayCore®'s Unmatched Graphics Capabilities
▪ Natural lighting effects in real-time processing environment
Unlike rasterization GPU, RayCore® fulfills the capabilities of:
- controlling, moving, adding and deleting the light source
- moving, adding and/or deleting the object
- moving the camera view using a hand
This eliminates the need for artificial, manually created optics effect that clashes unnaturally with the surroundings when in motion.
▪ Lower power consumption and smaller silicon area
Unlike rasterization GPU, RayCore® occupies small silicon area leading to minimal power consumption while unyieldingly producing exquisite graphics performance.
▪ Dynamic, customizable 3D GUI (Graphics User Interface)
Unlike rasterization GPU, RayCore® is optimally designed to support both dynamic and static scenes and allows users to customize and reconfigure user interface according to their tastes and preferences.
▪ Massively reduced cost of creating 3D applications
Unlike rasterization GPU, RayCore® eliminates considerable portion of content creation cost due to labor-intensive texture mapping. With RayCore®, content developers are furnished with convenient tools that result in higher quality contents in less time and with less cost and effort.
▪ Revitalization of high-quality 3D apps store
RayCore® also helps revitalize application market by supplying high quality visual contents such as cinema-quality 3D games, 3D maps and varied forms of advertisements, effectively delivering values to our customers and the end users.
▪ Fully hardwired ray tracing logic
▪ Flexible and highly scalable MIMD (Multiple Instruction, Multiple Data) architecture that supports multi-cores
▪ Efficient cache-based memory system
▪ Smaller silicon area with fewer transistors and lower memory bandwidth load compared to current market GPUs
Simple Content Migration Procedure
Existing rasterization-based contents can be easily converted into ray tracing format by going through a straight-forward modification process of adjusting material property of contents and function calls of rendering API.
RayCore® Series 1000 Product Specifications